" Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, in all the
places you can, for all the people you can, while you can."
CLARA ENGLISH WHITE
Clay County Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (CCHH) homes are built almost entirely by volunteers, both skilled and unskilled. Tasks that are not volunteer-friendly or require licensure are subcontracted out. Our skilled on-site construction team provides all tools, safety equipment, instruction and preparation for the site. No construction experience is required, just a willingness to learn and work hard! However, if you do have construction skills, be sure and let us know so we can make sure they are utilized.
Even if you have never picked up a hammer before, you will end the day having helped build an integral part of one of our homes. Construction tasks vary from week to week so please just come ready to work hard and have fun! Volunteer days on the construction sites are Tuesdays through Saturdays. We have a large need for weekday volunteers. Please consider volunteering with us on a weekday.
How to Volunteer
Whether you are an individual or a group, please contact Pamela Partridge, Volunteer Coordinator, at 904.282.7590 x201 or email@example.com.
- No previous construction experience is required, just a willingness to learn and work hard.
- The construction workday is 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wear comfortable work clothes and hard-soled shoes (work boots are preferred). A hat, sun-screen, and lightweight raincoat/poncho may be needed.
- Due to a limited number of hand tools, it is wonderful if volunteers can bring hammers, nail aprons, and work gloves with them to the construction site. Please be sure to label these with your name, as many tools look alike.
- Occasionally lunch is provided by local churches or restaurants.
- Drinking water will be provided at each worksite throughout the day.
- Please keep in mind that our sites are construction sites, and the safety of all participants is our first priority. All volunteers, regardless of age or past participation, must sign a waiver of liability on an annual basis, and sign in each workday at the work site.
- All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
-14-15 year olds can landscape and clean-up.
-16-17 year olds, additionally, can paint.
- Volunteers ages 14 - 17 must have a parent or guardian complete and sign the waiver.
- Complete the online Volunteer Information Form.
- Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation.